Unclogging a drain using baking soda 10/22/12
Oh the dreaded clogged drain! It feels like it happens more often in my household, especially the tub. There’s nothing more fun than having dirty water not draining. So what’s the secret for unclogging the drain? Well, I always ran to the stores to purchase Drano to do the job and although there is no doubt that it does the job, it never failed to give me a fume-infused headache. The smell is so potent that I’m sure it is not good for my health, let alone my kids.
So I opted for the greener more environmentally friendly version to unclog the drain with no other than Baking Soda and Vinegar. Yes, Baking Soda and Vinegar seems to be the magic trick for house cleaning, and it doesnt disappoint now.
1. Pour 1 cup of Baking Soda down the drain.
2. Then pour about ½ c of Vinegar in the drain.
3. Let it sit and do its magic for about 30 mins ( Dont not use the drain at this point)
4. After 30 or so mins pour hot water down the drain for a couple of mins and Voila all clear.
5. Repeat it for tough and tricky clogs.
These two ingredients are not only safe but it saves you money on buying those expensive decloggers, when you can use Baking soda and Vinegar which you probably have stocked in your kitchen.